Looking for a job in Myanmar? VCS is well placed to help. We have elected not to specialize at this stage of Myanmar’s development and deliver candidates to all industry sectors.
As a leading recruitment specialist, we meet the challenge of recruiting, hiring and developing employees in a global economy.
We know the importance of looking beyond skills and experience. By applying proprietary tools and specialist talent management and recruitment expertise we pinpoint individual’s competencies and motivations – matching executive job seekers with the right organizational culture and optimum role for long-term performance.
Has responsibility for implementing processes change projects in the country/branch and develops detailed implementation plans, sets. Expectations and gets agreement with internal and external stakeholders. Coordinates necessary training for new clients during on-boarding and monitors post implementation performance until the operation is established.
Who we are looking for
Provides support on defined issues and contributes through application of expertise and knowledge. Works independently within defined boundaries and guidelines in specific area, but will need supervision on more complex assignments. Knowledge is required for the application of practical methods and techniques, work procedures and processes. Has some knowledge of the functional area and understands the overall nature of the business. Problems require solution through a choice between know alternatives, within the area if expertise and direct manager will evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the solution. Able to present results of own work to team. Roles require at least 3 years previous work experience in a related area.
- Marketing and business development concentrating on locally paid and controlled business
- Visit existing customers and new potential customers to secure Myanmar controlled business
- Promote growth of business by following up sales leads
- Prepare / update quotations and make follow up regularly
- Handle local and overseas freight inquiries (Sea & Air Import, Sea & Air Export, Cross Border Trucking, Local Handling, Value Added Services, RFQ’s, etc.)
- After a business has been secured, provide all relevant information to company’s operations / customer service
- Execute sales plan consistently with a view to achieve sales targets
- Have a good understanding of local market to generate contacts, leads and market intelligence
- Provide market intelligence such as potential customers, competition activities, market situation, etc. and formulate, together with management, an effective strategy how do develop business
- Gather shipment information from customers to change purchasing terms to control freight in Myanmar
- Send sales-leads to overseas offices and make follow up until business secured
- Input customer profiles and sales activities into the Sales System
- Ensure that assigned KPIs are met
- Handle other jobs as assigned by GM and MD
- Overlook a brand/brands
- Formulate & Implement annual brand plans
- Closely monitor and analyse sales volumes, market share trends and competitive activity
- Determine and Manage the brand budget
- Manage and Coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities with regard to the brand
- Monitor, Review and Report on all brand activities and results
- Liaise with media and advertising to develop thematic & promotional concepts & creative's
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Guide and Motivate the brand team
- Ensure visibility for the brand through the right channels by developing correct
- Cross functional communication with all relevant departments
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Ensure marketing activities of a brand is viable, result oriented & within budget
- Ensure the growth of each brand
- Ensure marketing activities are relevant to the consumer and customer
- Creativity & Innovation in a Myanmar context to be represented across all marketing campaigns
- Assure annual brand plans have a balance between brand building activity and sales driven activity
- A Bachelor/Master Degree is preferable but not a must
- Foreign exposure academically or professionally is a must
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant field in a managerial capacity
- At least 2 years of experience in a senior management capacity
- Must be Myanmar Nationality
- Liaise with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Manage Riders and Delivery Fleet duties time
- To ensure the full implementation of the Customer Services strategy across the business.
- To ensure that the Customer Services function operates effectively and that the functions’ activities are aligned to departmental and Company objectives.
- To ensure the accurate processing of customer quotations, orders and order confirmations within agreed timescales.
- To ensure that all customer enquiries are satisfactorily managed, resolved and closed within agreed timescales.
- To ensure that the Customer Services function is adequately staffed and trained to deliver an efficient service to internal and external customers.
- To represent the Customer Services function as an active member of the Senior Management Team.
- To actively promote and manage the process of continuous improvement in Customer Service standards within Call Enquiries and Order Processing.
- Create and sustain a positive team environment displaying high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit.
- Participate and contribute to relevant management meetings.
- Promote effective communication throughout all levels of the Customer Services function.
- Proven experience as Head of Operation and Customer Service or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skill
- Knowledge of Technology and Logistics Industry.
- Proven experience in services industry
- Receive briefs from the Marketing teams, and will question any areas of uncertainty.
- Work with the in-house agency team to develop a creative solution to the brief.
- Write clear, impactful copy to accompany graphics and visual elements from the graphic designer.
- Run brainstorm sessions to get inputs from a wider team.
- Translate between English and Myanmar languages
- Edit and proofread communications materials developed by other teams within the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee daily operations of the Food and Grocery Delivery Platform and Logistics
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports to Managing Director
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in each of the business units
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the service’s offerings to customers
- Engage in key or targeted marketing, sales and customer activities
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs
- Evaluate and decide upon with Managing Director on Key Investments, infrastructure and talent
- Create better communication strategy to avoid miscommunication and solve head of departments conflicts
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Ensuring the development and implementation if a clear strategic plan
- Looking to the future if the business and making key investments and investment recommendations
- Supporting the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development
- Proven experiences as General Manager or equivalent position
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skill
- In-dept knowledge of diverse business function and principles (Logistics, IT, Finance, Sales, Marketing, HR and Operation)
- MBA/BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
- Knowledge of Technology and Logistics Industry
- Develop the strategy for X’s agriculture business across value chain;
- Identify and develop export markets for agriculture;
- Set-up an effective and efficient organisation;
- Prepare detail business plans and implement it.
The following are the KPI’s that would for this position:
- Strategy development and execution (20%);
- Business plan development and execution (30%);
- Development of a strong team with the required qualifications to execute the business plan successfully (15%);
- Responsibility for P&L (25%)
- Working effectively with other X business and corporate units (10%);
The specific duties for this role are as to:
- Identify export market potential in the short and midterm.
- Assess different opportunities across value-chain based on potential market.
- Assess competitors in each opportunity across value-chain.
- Prepare a detailed SWOT
- Assess risks, problems and issues across value-chain
- Compute profit margin in each opportunity across value-chain.
- Review law, regulation and government incentives with respect to agricultural sector.
- Assess investment requirements in each opportunity across value-chain.
- Assess technology requirements in each opportunity across value-chain.
- Define the mission and vision for X’s agriculture business.
- Define X’s position and branding strategy for its agriculture business
- Develop a detailed go to market strategy which includes amongst others Unique Selling Point (USP), distribution plans, customer strategies, differentiation strategy
- Develop five year pro-forma financial statements (P&L, Cashflow and Balance Sheet).
- Identify investments that may be required including sources of capital and D/E ratio.
- Compute investment return matrices including payback period, Return on Investment (ROI) and IRR.
- Estimate working capital
- Raising of capital (debt and/or equity) from either local or international markets.
- Develop divestment, M&A and exit strategies
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration or Management.
- Minimum fifteen years of experience in agriculture sector in ASEAN including significant experience in Myanmar agriculture sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of past and current trends in Agriculture industry. Experience in working with private sector investment projects in agriculture.
- Substantive experience in leading and managing teams.
- Proven ability to deliver and perform with minimum supervision.
- Substantive experience in budgeting and financial management.
- Documented writing ability. Documented proposal writing and technical writing ability and successful project design experience.
- The position will require both local and overseas travel and applicant should be willing to travel on short notice.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drives to build an active safety culture and healthy workplace;
- Plan, establish and implement EHS concerning policies and process; establish and execute strategies and action plan;
- Organize and track collection and update of EHS laws and regulations and drive the execution; timely organize all resource including people to assess the compliance of the laws and regulations;
- Drive the EOSH assessment and establish corresponding actions to ensure the compliance of the requirements, and to pass the relevant audits;
- Regular analyze EHS performance, organize improving opportunity defining and drive performance improving;
- Organize, plan and execute EHS projects and track progress to improve EHS performance according to business realities;
- Plan and manage environmental programs including but not limited to; waste, air and noise pollution control, hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, recycling, well water extraction, energy planning and the community right to know
- Create, track and achieve Key Business Indicators (KBI such as accidents, near miss reports and investigations) for EHS, ensure timely consolidation of information and reports to key stakeholders such as SLT, BIG, HRD and GM.
- Sum-up EHS experiences and outcomes and share to stakeholders; join in BIG successful experiences sharing;
- Organize defining, assessment and update of hazards and risk, and establish management plans following the assessment results;
- Build fluent communication and relationship with SLT of Myanmar, authorities, development, and BIG corporate office as well as other EHS managers in Asia
- Coach and Lead all stakeholders to ensure compliance and capability building in self and others
- Monitor the trends of EHS internal and externally and ensure best practice is implemented
- Join in HR activities and contribute to build a collaborative environment and achieve team objectives
- College graduate or above in Engineering or related subject area
- Command of English language, Microsoft office computer skills
- Ability to travel around Myanmar from time to time (company cover expense /provide transport)
- Must be physically fit and used to outdoors as time to be spent in factory and warehouse, construction conditions
- 1-2 years of working experience in Drinks/food or other labor intensive industry would be a plus
- Providing advice to the Chief Executive and the Executive Leadership Team across the range of the Department’s legal interests, risks and obligations
- Contributing a legality assurance perspective to the Department’s strategic and governance processes, particularly the executive decision-making process
- Partnering with the business and functional teams to support growth, implement business plans and facilitate key strategic projects
- Analyzing and advising on all legal and regulatory issues relating to commercial and contract law, risk management, intellectual property, leasing, licensing, corporate compliance, foreign investment, labor & employment, M&A, product liability, competition law, etc.
- Advising, drafting and reviewing various commercial contracts including sales, distribution, supply and marketing.
- Advising, training and implementing relevant compliance related policies e.g. competition law
- Assisting on projects where required
- Liaising and managing external legal counsel including managing the legal budget for litigation or other matters as required
Job Description of HR Director
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountability, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Human Resources Director Skills and Qualifications:
Human Resources Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees